***NOMINATIONS ARE CLOSED!***
The UNO Leadership Cabinet and the Office of Student Involvement and Leadership is pleased to announce that it will be presenting the Thirtieth Annual Student Leadership Recognition Ceremony on April 22nd at 7pm in the University Center Ballroom. This event will recognize the outstanding members of the Student Organizations and Departments of our great university. Also, it will recognize Student Organization of the Year, Advisor of the Year, Outstanding Organizational Event, Organization President of the Year, Student Leader Award for Community Service, and the Burk’s Award.
Nominations are no longer being accepted. Below is a list of possible awards to be awarded at the ceremony:
- Organization/Department Recognition Awards: Each Organization or Department may recognize a maximum of two (2) individuals for superior achievement or a similar honor. Every student receiving this award will be recognized and will receive a certificate from the University, presented by the President. (Names of some sample awards: Outstanding Leadership, Member of the Year, Meritorious Service, Outstanding Executive Board Member, Outstanding Student Worker, Outstanding Graduate Assistant, etc.)
- Student Leader Award For Community Service
- Edgar E. Burks Award
- Organization Awards:
- Organization President of the Year
- Student Organization of the Year
- Advisor of the Year
- Outstanding Event of The Year
We are also asking Organizations and Departments to submit pictures for our “Slide Show” presentation. Please email these pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 1, 2015.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Office of Student Involvement and Leadership at 504.280.6349 or by email to email@example.com, or stop by our office, University Center 222.